Unity mail enables the user reading its all unread emails without hassle of launching the Gmail app or any other webmail app maintaining an account. Unity mail brings you directly on reading all “Unread” messages. Unity Mail is an open source app but Ubuntu is still using its older version in the archives. According to the latest news, Ubuntu is going to be live now.
It is also compatible with the IMAP4 server which means this app is useful for people having an account on Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook and other known web-account sites. User can open its multiple accounts in Unity Mail app as well and its user friendly features include unread message count, quick-list actions and native desktop notifications. It also shows the notifications on the arrival of new emails which keeps the user updated. This app is also compatible with other desktop environments such as like MATE and Lubuntu, but not all features.
How to Install Unity Mail on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- In the first step, you need to open the terminal.
- Do Execution of these Commands.
- sudo add -apt -repository ppa:robert-tari/main
- sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install unity-mail
You can either add the PPA to your existing Software or Install the It directly from PPA packages page.
How to Use Unity Mail
You need to add your account on the Unity Mail app after installing it. Once all things are done, follow these steps.
- It Mail needs to be launched from Unity Dash.
- Right click on app icon and then select the option of “Change Account Details”.
- You will be asked by the app giving the webmail account details, Once detail is added, enter the Gmail address and insert the password. Unity Mail app features a strict security for passwords and no chance of unauthorized access to your account.
- Once all necessary information is added, go to the “Options” and select the app behavior.
- Hit the “Apply” before connecting to the background and then it starts showing the count of unread messages.
Kindly, share your reviews and tell us have you heard about Unity Mail app earlier from other source.