USB Flash unlocks PC
You may have seen in the movies that a spy access and unlocks someone system just by plugging a USB drive which looks really cool. It seems like unpractical and movie directors just want to show people how hacking works in the movies. For your kind information, unlock your Mac or PC with USB drive is possible. Yes, USB flash unlocks PC or Mac. People uses this approach due to several reasons but the most common is, they do not want to remember the password before unlocks the system and rather uses the USB drive to do the same. They can once set the strong password in order to avoid the unauthorized access, then no need to keep remember it. You may be wondering how can you give it a try and unlock the Mac or PC with USB drive. Here is how to set up USB Lock on PC or Mac.
Also, read the article on Google Removed More than 1 Billion Sites.
Set Up USB Lock on PC or Mac
Rohos Key Logon is software uses for programming the USB drive, a mobile phone or even a Bluetooth device. Once these devices are programmed, they become the useful tool to unlock your system. This app can be used as the key to unlock both Windows and MacOS devices. You can use this app on the trial basis before you get satisfied with its performance and want to actually pay for it. USB flash unlocks PC is really a cool thing to do.
Without discussing anything else, let’s start to be discussing about steps involved in order to create a USB drive which let us unlock the system without enter the password.
Note: This post shows you the screenshots of running Rohos Key Logon on a MacBook Air, all steps are followed as per the instructions given applicable for Mac System. There should be minor differences when using the Rohos Key Logon on Windows.
- In the first step, you have to download the trial version of Rohos Key Logon and then install it on your Mac. Soon the installation completes, restart the system.
2. Click on the Rohos Key Logon icon placed on the menu bar, then go to the “Open Rohos Logon”. It will open the main window of the Software.
3. Click on the option of “USB drive”, you need to make sure that the USB drive which you want to use for logging in is already connected at this time.
4. Here, you need to enter the login password and then select the USB drive which you want to set as a key, then click on “OK”.
5. In the next screen, you need to select the option which decides what action will be performed by your system once USB is removed.
I personally suggest you the action of “Lock the Desktop” for the time when you remove the USB. It will automatically lock the system even if have left it behind unattended.
That’s all and no more step needs to be followed in order to know how to unlock the PC or Mac with USB flash. However, someone who knows your system password can still be login for enjoying the unauthorized access. If you do not want such event takes place, follow the steps below.
How to set the option of only USB flash unlocks PC or Mac
- Go to the option of “Preferences” available on menu bar, click on it.
2. Have to check the checkbox of “Allow login only by USB key”.
This step is important as it ensures that system login is only possible if USB flash is plugged into the system. At one side enhances the security, on the other it is also risky. In case, you get the USB flash corrupted, lost or broken then no other way out. I would suggest you that must have at least two USB flash or do not disable the password to login the system.
Deleting the USB Key
You might want to take USB flash as a key to unlock the system not anymore and rather remove it. You can surely do this to remove the USB drive from Rohos software. It has a very simple process in order to achieve this.
- From the Rohos Key Logon menu bar icon, click on “Open Rohos Logon”.
2. Just click on “Delete Key” button.
3. It may have multiple USB flash drive in the system, you have to select and click on the one want to remove and then click on “Delete” button.
Once you completed the process of USB flash removal as a key to unlock system, now you only can login the system through enter the password. Now, USB flash unlocks PC is not a thing anymore in this stage.
You can enjoy the 15-days trial period of Rohos Key Logon free of cost, and then you have to pay $25 if still interested in its use. You can also get the hands on its free alternatives for Windows, there are several free such software available. I will suggest USB Raptor to give it a try among other free alternatives as none of them worked for me. Whereas, USB Raptor was quite good at performing its due function means unlock the Windows or Mac system.
Secure Your System with Physical Access Keys
There is no security system better than the physical keys in order to protect your date from unauthorized access. Even a potential hacker steals your password and successfully login on the system; he still needs to have your USB flash in his hand before finally breaking into the system. However, losing the USB key can also be very risky and will not be able to access your own system even. Therefore, have a backup key is highly suggested.
Let us know about what you think of securing the system through USB flash, a physical key to access the system which does not let the hackers steal it online.